[Gpdd] Care- What I feed my Girls

ghost1972 at sbcglobal.net ghost1972 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 1 18:31:07 EST 2006

    Hi, Christina!
    Well, I have learned that when it comes to feeding your little babies, you really can't have one staple. They need too much variety. What I have done is figured out sort of a portion pyramid: kind of like what humans do with protien, carbs and fat, but with guiena foods.
    The biggest portion is of pellets, about a cup ever feeding (though they get hay all the time). The next one up is their green leafies, which they get a half cup of. Here, I mix it up a bit between mustard greens, turnip greens, parsley, romaine, spinach, and the occasional endive and dandelion leaves. The last two are treats because they tend to be more expensive.
    The next portion is their veggies. I like to mix it up and give them a sampling of two of these veggies, equaling up to about a 1/4 cup each feeding. I dice up some cucumber, carrot, green pepper, green beans, you know.
    Then, once a day, I give them some fruit. Just a little taste, know what I mean.
    Keep in mind, I have two guineas, so if you only have one, cut the doses in half.
    I hope that helped a little. :)
                    Amber & the well-fed Blacky and Pooky.