[Gpdd] behavior: quiet pigs, sleeping

Brenda Colijn bcolijn at wideopenwest.com
Thu Feb 2 15:40:26 EST 2006

To Jennifer and Samsen:

Some of our gpgs have been quiet.  Olga never squeaked in the five years
she was with us, except once when her cage mate Spunky was getting her
nails clipped.  Olga would make little "putt-putt" noises when she
explored around the room, and if she got really upset, she'd make a
little "peep!"  But she was just a quiet girl.

Also, our pigs usually close their eyes when they sleep, but I've also
observed some of them on occasion sleeping with their eyes open.

Brenda (in Ohio, USA)
Max and Shadow (both pretty vocal, especially for food!)