[Gpdd] CARE: Travel story

Moxie and Nexus moxie17 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 6 10:26:10 EST 2006

Hi,

  I took my ferret and 3 pigs to Maine Friday for an overnight trip.  I used a large Sterilite container to house Smudge and Ziggy.  I put a Superpet plastic waffle house on each end so they would both have a house.  On the way home, every time I looked at them they had switched  houses.  The container was easier to handle than the cage.  All three pigs traveled well, although they didn't seem to eat while the car was moving.  I offered them water at each stop.  Smudge was the only one who would take it.

  I also saw something interesting in the latest Ferrets magazine.  There is a water bottle that doesn't work on a vacuum, so it doesn't leak while traveling.  I think they are available in 8 oz., 16 oz., and 32 oz.  I will post the company info when I locate the magazine.  I think I'm going to get a couple for my pigs when we travel.

Moxie, Nexus, Smudge, Ziggy, and Chuckie
God Bless America
In God We Trust