[Gpdd] [health] Mites and Ivermectin

RoyNAndrew Millea curlywick_cavies at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 9 02:59:21 EST 2006

Whilst browsing in our local "Pets at Home" store I
came across an anti parasite product containing
Ivermectin.

I have used this on one of my piggies and, whilst it
is still early days, there does appear to be some
stubble appearing.

At around GPB 3.50 for 4 tubes it is a lot cheaper
than shots at the vet, also Ivermectin has been very
difficult to obtain "over the counter".

The product is made by Beaphar and claims to be
effective for up to 4 weeks.It is called "Anti
parasite spot on" and contains 4 pipettes.

I have scanned front and back of the box and the jpegs
are available on direct request should you want to
show it to your local store (I cannot find any info on
the website (www.beaphar.com)).

I have no connection with either the retailer or
manufacturer of this product and am merely sharing
information with the herd.

This information is valid for the UK, although, as it
is manufactured in accordance to an EU directive, it
may well be available within the EU. A list of
distributors is available on the website.

Your mileage may vary!