[Gpdd] BRIDGE: Debbie's Piggie Funeral Hymn

Candy G. crawdad1953 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 16 17:17:44 EST 2006

Debbie, you mentioned your song for Red Dandy in
today's digest and hoped that maybe it would help
those who have lost (or will lose) piggies.  I pasted
this out of the Piggie Song Book (which is incomplete
without ALL of your entries, digesters - please continue
to send them in).  Your song is sad and sweet and
touching, and it also expresses the gladness and hope
of meeting our little ones once again when our time
here is done.

Today (2/15) is the two month anniversary of my dear
little Mollie's death.  Sometimes it seems like it was just
yesterday that I held her and said goodbye.  Sometimes
it feels as if it has been a thousand years.  I cried as I
re-read your Piggie Hymn just now.  Thank you for
sending this in the first time for us to share and thank
you for mentioning it again today and for your heart-felt
words of comfort and honesty in todays's digest.

For you, MollieBug, and for all piggies and slaves.  I send all
of you love and healing in whatever form it needs to take
in order to provide the greatest strength and comfort.

The heart remembers - always.

Candy; Topper; and Cat X . . .
and Mollie forever in our hearts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
November 2005
Candy - I know I've already submitted one sad song for the
Piggie Songbook, but as you may have read, my daughter's
piggie, Red Dandy, went to The Bridge today and this song
came into my head whilst I was out walking my dogs and
thinking about him.

PIGGIE FUNERAL HYMN (to tune of "Abide with Me")

Your time has come, the Rainbow's calling you;
On Earth you've done all that you had to do.
Now comes the end to suffering and pain -
Farewell, my love, until we meet again.

Run free and popcorn in those meadows sweet,
Wheeking with joy at old friends that you meet.
You'll always have a place within my heart,
Though you won't see me, we won't be apart.

Dear little one, I bid you go in peace;
You know my love for you will never cease.
Wait at that Rainbow Bridge a little while,
'Til all together we can cross in style.