[Gpdd] Health: Hair loss and bumpy red skin

EVE BLACKE shiksachick at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 18 14:10:43 EST 2006

I'm calling on everyone's expertise here.  I just discovered Paddington has
a bald batch on one front leg and when I examined him all over (much to his
dislike) he has another bald batch on the underside of the same leg and on
his chest.  It almost reminds me of a plucked chicken skin look.  Some hair
is growing in but is kind of sparse.  I looked in my books and the only
thing that seems to fit is a fungal infection.  Does this sound right to any
of you?  I haven't really noticed him itching the area at all and he is
eating and drinking normally.  He doesn't like me trying to touch that area
and it was a real battle to try and get a good look at it.  I ended up
giving him a bath using Nizoral (oh my gosh, he sounded like my fire alarm
when he felt the water!!  totally hates the water!)because Peter Gurney's
book described it as being dandruff-like.  Can anyone suggest what an
appropriate product would be to use?  Does it sound like a fungus or does it
sound like something else?

Thanks for any advice anyone can give me!

Eve and the furry brood