[Gpdd] [Health] Large Cyst

Laura Carin lcarin at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 10 23:24:20 EST 2006

Hi everyone,
I'm hoping you may have some words of wisdom for me.  Zephyr (1 year old
male) has a cyst on his upper left leg.  When we first felt it about 5 weeks
ago we took him to our vet and she told us that they are very common in
piggies and that it probably won't cause any trouble.  She mentioned that we
should bring him back if it bursts and to watch its growth.  It's about
twice the size now (about the size of a small marble) and that seems to be
very quick growth to me!  I'm going to call her tomorrow to see if we should
bring him in again but I was hoping to find out if anyone else has had
experience with large cysts on their piggies.  I'm trying not to worry but
he's the light of my life and I don't know what I would do if anything
happened to him.

Thanks!
Laura & Zephyr