[Gpdd] [GPDD] Misc - Pomona Show

CaTT1998 at aol.com CaTT1998 at aol.com
Thu Jan 12 04:50:50 EST 2006

It sounds like some GPDD'ers are going to the Cavy show in Pomona this
Sunday. I drove by the Fairplex exit on my way NORTH to the Bay Area yesterday  and
wished I could be there too. Me and the girls, Brownie & Cookie, are  driving
back down to Lake Elsinore for the Tax Season probably the 14th. So I  guess
wheee won't make it. Bummer. Well, maybe we can have a real SoCal Pignic
later on.
--Mary Fran

Mary Fran -
What a small world!  When I contacted you from the Cavy Madness site's
Pignic section, I had no idea you were a GPDD'er too.  I'm excited to have  a Slave
live so close to me!  (We just moved to Wildomar, less than 5  miles away
from Lake Elsinore.)  My girls would love to meet Brownie and  Cookie sometime.
I'm sure my two boys would too, but we'll not go there.  :)   Maybe we could
organize a Pignic before it gets too hot to be  outside!

Christina -
We went to the Pomona show too.  I took my husband with me, and he was  the
only thing that kept me from scooping up one of those adorable baby  texels!
It's funny, I keep thinking about how cute they were, even days  after the
show!  (Can you say "obsession"?)  How great that you got  one - they were too
precious, like little curly balls of fluff.  (Can you  sense me trying not to be
envious?)  We would love to see pigtures of  your new babies sometime.  My son
was so excited, because one of  the ladies there took the time to explain to
him how shows work, and let him  carry one of her pigs up to the judging
table.  (Perhaps his Bing the  Guinea Pig t-shirt told her he was a pig lover.)
Another generation of  slaves being trained!

To everyone who has lost a pig, please accept our condolences.  It's  so
heartbreaking when we lose one of our giant GPDD herd.

Theresa,
Abby - Shadow - Cupcake - Phoebe,
and Nigel & Milkshake the rescue pigs.