[Gpdd] [GPD] Misc: Nigel is not Nigel

CaTT1998 at aol.com CaTT1998 at aol.com
Thu Jan 19 04:21:43 EST 2006

Hello Piggies and their slaves,

I recently adopted two shelter piggies (boars) who I hoped could share a
cage.  One is a tiny baby, maybe 3 months old (Nigel) and one is around 8
months, a big sweet boar (my son named him Milkshake).

During the quarantine period for Milkshake, who we got later than Nigel, I
was constantly pestering and re-checking poor Nigel because I couldn't see any
boy parts.  The shelter worker who helped us with the adoption used to work
with guinea pigs at a zoo, and she assured me Nigel was a boy.  A nagging
voice in my head told me I better check though, so I finally took Nigey to a
vet.  Guess what?  Nigel is really Nijole.  (We searched the  internet trying to
find something that sounded close to "Nigel" so we wouldn't  confuse the poor
baby.)  So now I have 5 sows in a huge C & C cage, and  poor Mickey (that's
what I call Milkshake) all alone.

1) Boy am I glad I didn't take her word for it and put the two together,  and
2) Does anyone have any hints for keeping a lone pig amused?

I'm so glad you guys are around - with you I don't have to feel  embarrassed
at having my own zoo.  (YOU HAVE SIX GUINEA PIGS???)   Thanks - and we send
hugs and piggy kisses to anyone who has lost a furbaby or  has a sick one.

Theresa, willing slave to Abby, Shadow, Cupcake, Phoebe, Nijole, and  Mickey.