[Gpdd] Announcement-New Piggy!!

Folly Farm lfolly at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 14 22:52:32 EDT 2006

Hello,

We just adopted a new pig!!  She's a  gorgeous little 1 year old abyssinian with blonde, gold agouti and white and has the prettiest huge doe eyes.  We named her Delaney.  I'd noticed her online at the local shelter for about 5 weeks. It was breaking my heart.  She'd come in with her cagemate who got adopted  2 days after they arrived.  When I went to adopt her and they picked her up I noticed she sounded really congested.  They took her in back to the vet and weren't going to let me have her because she was sick.  I quickly made an appointment for the same day with my Vet and begged them to let me take her home.  They reluctantly did.  I knew they'd probably put her down rather than going to the expense of treatments.  I wanted her whether she was ill or not.  Anyway, it's been a week today and she's feeling much better on her baytril.  She's really sweet, talkative, gives kisses and likes to be held.  She's isolated for now, but I can't wait until she meets the rest of my herd in a few weeks! I wish I could figure out how to post my piggies photos.  I just love looking at everyone elses babies.

Lisa Stanley
& her herd Brody, Keely, Shayla, Genevieve, Bronwyn & Delaney