[Gpdd] Misc. - Candle for Peter Gurney, July 23 at 8 pm

Audrey Binder agbmcmd at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 18 14:24:58 EDT 2006

LET'S DO IT!!  It's fitting, timely, and something we can all do together in his honor, now.  So, building on the suggestions of Jaime and Joan, let's all light a candle this Sunday, July 23, at 8:00 pm.  It will be getting dark, and most people should be winding down from weekend activities.  We can share the moment with our piggies, and with the different time zones, there will be a light for Peter somewhere around the world.

  We can also do a similar memorial on his birthday, in March, but I think most of us would like to do something in his memory now.  March is a long way off, and I will take the responsibility to remind and coordinate a March candle-lighting, here on the GPDD, and hopefully that will become an annual event, every March.

  There is beauty in simplicity, and this is a rare opportunity to cross all of the barriers that our species seems to construct for ourselves.  This small gesture will transcend the barriers, and we will each be contributing to his honor, as one.  I never met Mr. Gurney, but I think he would like that.

  This post should appear on Wednesday's GPDD.  I will also post a reminder for the next few days.

  Audrey