[Gpdd] [HEALTH]-lice

lost nvegas lostnvegas68 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 8 23:44:18 EDT 2006

Lice! Yes that lovely word that makes  you want to cringe.....My poor baby has it. I feel so bad for him. I took him to the vet a couple of wheeks ago, due to excessive dandruff. He said it was nothing and that piggies can have dry skin. He also said that mites can take up to six months to show themselves after they come home from the pet store...
Well, I have gotten on Peter Gurney's site and guinealynx and from what I can tell,
Alf has lice. Guinealynx has said that Advantage is safe for pigs, as long as you give them the appropriate amount. His dandruff has gotten worse and now he is biting on himself and scratching a lot more. I am going to wash him up and give him the treatment tomorrow.
  Has anyone else used Advantage? I am thinking of giving it to my other two pigs also. It is supposed to kill the lice in about 12 hours.
  My Boys are so neglected right now. I am a teacher and tomorrow is my last day for the summer. I have been so tired all weeek when I get home I have spent little time with them. Time to spoil my boys this weekend. I have attached the link  so you can see my babies.....I will hopefully update them in the next week.

  http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/guineapiglover_2006/slideshow?.dir=/c4e4scd&.src=ph
  Gwen and The Boys from Las Vegas
  Comet, Alf and Chip.....