[Gpdd] [Rainbow Bridge] Frasier has left us...

Brenda bunner77 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 24 21:38:44 EDT 2006

On Friday, June 23rd, we had to help Frasier over the bridge. I have cried a
river of tears for him, he was THE best little boy in the world.

As you may remember, Frasier had bladder stone surgery in April. Although it
took some time to recover, he made it through with flying colors. About a
month ago, he had trouble eating his food and was losing some weight. We
brought him back in to see our vet to find his teeth had overgrown. I think
the cause may have been his recovery time from the bladder stone operation
as he was not eating a lot of hay during that time. They put him under,
trimmed down his teeth and found some other issues inside his mouth such as
a rotten tooth, jaw problems (TMJ) and a yeast infection inside his mouth.
He came home with us to be taken care of but a day later, I brought him back
in. We kept him at the vet on Monday to have some pain meds, constant
feedings and the care we couldn't provide as we are not home in the day. He
was still losing weight and would not eat unless he was given pain meds. On
Thursday evening, they took him off his meds to see if he would be able to
recover on his own. Unfortunately, he took a turn for the worse and on
Friday would not eat at all. The vet was kind enough to give him another
pain med shot so he would not suffer through the day. We got there for
Friday at 5:00, stayed with him for an hour (he slept in my arm the whole
time) and then let him go. I stayed with him while they gave him gas so he
would fall asleep but could not stay for the actual euthanasia. I had the
worst time closing the box and saying goodbye and just kept patting his
little body not wanting to end it. He is buried in our back yard with his
own special spot. I bought a delphenium today and placed it on top of his
resting place.

Frasier was the friendliest, most gentle and fun pig I've ever had. I try to
keep all the good memories alive and would like to share a few. I remembered
how he used to follow me into the bathroom, find the toilet paper hanging
and pull, unrolling it and chew on it. The most innocent look would be given
to me.
Another story was how he would ALWAYS start squeaking at 9:00 in the evening
for his supper. He knew what time I would get ready for bed and start
running up and down the hallway looking for food. He would always wait for
me at the top of the stairs peering down at me almost saying "WELL? I'm
hungry!".
The other thing he used to do that I always found amusing was the way he
would eat his nibbles. He would eat a few nibbles, chew some paper towels
that were placed in his cuddle cup, then get some water. He would repeat
that until he was finished eating.
He would sleep in his cuddle cup with his face in the fleece and his bum and
back legs hanging out of the cup.
One last thing was that when he would run down the hallway, we had a carpet
over carpet so there was a 1/2 inch sticking up. He would run down the hall
full tilt and do a deer jump over the carpet, all four legs in the air...so
funny to watch.

Thanks for letting me share. Frasier will be missed greatly but will always
be in my heart. I know the pain will lessen as time goes by but right now,
I'll cry until I'm all cried out.

Brenda
MT and Boo - In memory, Frasier a.k.a. (The Donald, petit fraise, the purr
machine, my little boy, my boy-o and Mr. Frasier). We love you and miss you
a ton :-(