[Gpdd] [HEALTH]< wheighttable>

Janneke Staaks jannekestaaks at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 16 04:40:39 EST 2006

Hi All,
I've been following the wheight discussion and I'm so happy that I'm not the
only *nut* out there who wheighs her piggies frequently. I just wanted to
share this nice table I found on a dutch website (www.degrotecavia.nl):
Week	Low	Normal	High
0	60	90	140
1	94	123	182
2	155	182	232
3	218	241	280
4	260	300	320
5	280	320	350
6	290	350	400
7	300	405	490
8	322	462	540
9	370	521	560
10	426	586	600
11	492	618	644
12	520	668	694
16	610	750	756
20	670	906	1036
24	710	960	1059
28	750	992	1099
32	780	998	1140
36	804	1008	1180
40	834	1010	1220
44	868	1034	1250
48	899	1045	1300
72	910	1050	1600
I hope it comes out okay when posted on the list. The left column is their
age in weeks (so for example 12 weeks is 3 months).And the wheight is in
grams. Keep in mind that all the wheights are averages so don't freak out
when your piggie is lighter or heavier.
Also keep in mind that these data are based on dutch piggies and I have no
clue if wheights in other countries are different. Last thing to keep in
mind is that there is a difference between breeds, for example rexpiggies
are usually heavier.
Ow i forgot, this is a girls-table. boys are heavier. If i have time i will
make a boys table.

I also have this table as an excell file,so if anyone is interested just
email me and i will send it (i can also send it as an SPSSfile). At home I
put yaya's and suus's data in my excell table, and i really liked keeping
track of their wheight.(plotted it in graphs, did statistics and everything,
ehm..I'm a scientist so this was like combining two passions in one
project).
Grtz and Wkz
Janneke