[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences for Albert

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Fri Mar 17 04:52:53 EST 2006

Oh Jaime, what can I say?

I have been following Albert's story with my heart in my mouth, willing and
willing for him to get better, and yet knowing in my heart that, the longer
the  struggle went on, the less likely a full recovery seemed. I hoped against
hope  for a miracle, like so many other gpdd-ers, I'm sure, and I prayed for
you. When  I read about Martin Luther yesterday, I tried to convince myself that
if it  could happen for him, it could happen for Albert. And yet, the news on
Albert  has not been encouraging for a while now. I must admit, I have almost
dreaded to  read about him for fear that he will have faced another setback.

In my short experience, I have found the most difficult piggie deaths to
bear are those of young piggies and those of piggies who, with our support, have
put up a long and courageous struggle for life. I think the more involved we
have been in helping their fight, and the longer that fight has been, the
harder  it hits us when they eventually give up the battle and find peace at The
Bridge.

I can tell from your descriptions of him and his photos on your blinkz site
that he was not only a real character, but also deeply loved. I am quite
certain  that he knew he was loved, and maybe that's why he hung on in there so
long for  you. You did the hardest and yet kindest thing of all when you rushed
him to the  vet to be helped on the final stage of the journey he knew he had
to make, and I  am sure he will have appreciated that.

As I've said many times, I honestly don't think the pain of these little
people's departures ever really goes away. There is going to be a massive great
hole in your hearts forever, and in your lives. I have a feeling that, when
the  time is right, another little piggie will come your way - maybe even Albert
will  send one, because he knows how much love you have to give and how much
you will  be missing him. Another pig will not plug the holes, but it will, in
time, help  cover them over so they are not so raw, and make life easier to
bear.

We HAVE to hang on to our belief in the Rainbow Bridge, and that Albert and
all our other precious departed friends are popcorning in lush perfumed
meadows  even as I write, free from suffering and stress, waiting for the day we can
be  reunited. You may find the words of that "Funeral Hymn" I wrote for Red
Dandy,  whose final weeks were not unlike Albert's, of some comfort - they must
be in  the archives somewhere.

My heart truly goes out to you. I know there are no words that can really
make you feel any better right now. But may it give you just a crumb of comfort
to know that someone, all the way across the ocean in France, understands
exactly how you feel and sends you a comforting hug.

Debbie (and the 17 Dolly Mixtures)