[Gpdd] [CARE] travel

lost nvegas lostnvegas68 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 22 14:25:19 EST 2006

I have been receiving the gpdd digest for the last 2 weeks and have been enjoying what others have written. I am a new pig owner as of about 4 weeks ago. I can understand when you talk about being a slave to your pig. Comet is extremely spoiled already and has been through 3 different cages, as each one gets bigger. That was in the first two weeks.  I have been going to the pet store it seems like every other day for a new treat for him also. I finally got to see Comet popcorn and run around like crazy in his new "home". It was a good feeling to know that he loves it. After only having him for 6 days, I had to take him to the vet due to an upper respiratory infection. (He was only 7-8 weeks old at the time.)  He was not to happy with me, due to giving him antibiotics with an eyedropper and putting salve in his eyes. We are both glad to be done with it.
  I do have a question about traveling on a plane. I am going on vacation this summer and already have made the "plane reservation", can  you believe that? and know to get a health card before we go. I have a traveling cage that fits under the seat also. Do I need to know anything special before Comet and I go on our big trip? I will make sure and have plenty of his favorite food/treats and water. Any information would be very helpful.
  Thank you,
  Gwen and Comet in Las Vegas, NV
  (Any other pig lovers in Sin City???)