[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Lasher, A Great Piggy

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Thu Mar 30 21:11:18 EST 2006

Dear Laken,

     I was so sorry to read about the sudden loss of Lasher. Quite a while
back, I came to the conclusion that we cannot truly love and not be vulnerable
to the pain created by the loss of what we love. I lost my little Ebeneezer
nearly 2 years ago and I will never completely get over. Right now Wilson has me
very concerned, and I, myself, feel sick wondering if he's going to turn a
corner and begin to recover. I know (and so do all the other members of this
digest) what it feels like to try to live with that pain. I cried a lot over
Ebeneezer and even yet....

     Like you, I have "other piggies" but that does not keep us from deeply
grieving each individual.

     But, in this world where so many guinea pigs and other animals, large
and small, live miserable lives, take some comfort in knowing that Lasher was
loved and that he lived a good life with you. While he could never "tell" you
that in words, you knew it just from being with him.

     There is a wonderful bunch of piggies on the other side of the Rainbow
Bridge, and they've certainly welcomed him to the place of endless carrots,
timothy hay, parsley and all good things. He will be healthy and whole once more.
No illness. No injuries.

May God bless and comfort you,
Alge and the Jolly (but saddened) Rodents