[Gpdd] [SILLY] <Washing Weekend>

Janneke Staaks jannekestaaks at hotmail.com
Mon May 22 05:23:03 EDT 2006

Hi All,
Since everything was going so well with our five little critters and we
finally had some time, mieke and me decided to wash all of them.
Since I (Janneke) am almost recovered from a ringworm infection that i
probably got from the piggies we decided to give everyone an oil soak too.
(if you get an infection, don't worry, just get salve for athlethe's foot or
some other salve that contains myconazol). Some of our piggies also have
some flakes in their skin, nobody seems bothered by it but we decided that a
bath and an oil soak shouldn't hurt.
So first up was Jan the boar (the poor guy..since he is so easy to catch).
We wheighed him, checked ears and teeth, clipped nails etc. and put the
manuka oil soak on...he looked slightly pissed after that... We let it soak
for over an hour and then we washed him and blowdried him.
http://hyves.net/showImage.php/17963901_5_wg7j.jpeg
It was the first time we used the blow dryer and once Jan got used to the
noise he kind a liked the warm thing. (the girls weren't that enthousiastic)
Next up was Lotje (also easy to catch) after her check-up we combed her
hair. This is really neccesary since she is a rex piggy and her hair is so
thickly grown. Then she got the oil soak and after an hour of soaking she
was up for washing.
http://hyves.net/showImage.php/17963952_5_wNhp.jpeg
If you look on the pigture you can see that she gets the sweetest little
curls in her fur. Washing has the largest effect on her, not only because of
the curls but also because the colour of her fur changes from
yellowish-white and orange to bright white and red. You cannot really see
that on the pigture but it makes a big difference.
Next was Yaya. Yaya got the award for being the bravest piggie. She was so
sweet :-). Normally she is a bit of a baby but now she was quite calm.
http://hyves.net/showImage.php/17964071_5_xtUq.jpeg
She looked a bit weird though, when she was finished. Her back was all curly
and fluffy from the blow dryer and her face was still wet.
Then it was Lady Guinevere's turn... Well lady.. recently she does a very
good impression of scarface. She bosses al the other piggies around and she
even got herself a scar to match it (we guess that she got into a fight with
susie since all of a sudden suus is no longer scared of her and guiny shows
a bit more respect). Guiny used to be quite nice to wash but today she was
just not in the mood. Maybe the oil-soak made her grumpy...(it looked funny
though..)
http://hyves.net/showImage.php/17963796_5_iimR.jpeg
Halfway she just walked up to the tap and she gave us this silly look.
http://hyves.net/showImage.php/17963795_5_KqjU.jpeg
I'm not sure what exactly she was thinking but it was something like "i'll
do this myself, you silly slaves, you just don't know how to treat a lady."
Last up was Suus. You have to know this about my little girl, when the
others get scared they just run into a corner or whatever. Suus does the
opposite. She jumps in my neck (anyone seen the monthy python movie with the
little white bunny..?). During the washing she did this several times. I was
completely soaked!
http://hyves.net/showImage.php/17964031_5_zifr.jpeg
If you look at her picture, you can see that when she's in the tub she has
this "mommy, help me"-look. and when she is in my neck, she has this
satisfied look.
So, this was our little washing adventure. I hope every piggy stays clean
for a few days although I'm quite convinced that, as we speak, guiny is
pressing her but in a corner in one of their houses, dying her butt brightly
yellow :-S (we call her the atjar tempoer mouse, atjar tempoer is a
indonesian dish with yellow cabbage, because the hay in her blue house looks
like atjar tempoer when she's done with it.)
Ow just one more pigture! This mail is too long already anyway ;-). I don't
know if there are many soccer fans on this list and I actually am not really
a fan (well..I sort of like the portuguese team). But here in the
netherlands it's very popular and with the upcoming World Cup in Germany I
made this pigture with Suus ('aanvalluh' means, very freely translated,
attack!)
http://interval1.rendered.startpda.net/17700001-17750000/17703994_500_500_vAUW.jpeg
Suus just has the perfect colors for the job, she is already in orange socks
;-).She doesn't agree though, since she was born in germany ;-).
Okay, have a nice day!!!
Grtz
Janneke, Mieke, the Winky Girls and Jan the Boar
If the pigture links don't work, check out:
http://winkysgirls.hyves.nl/