[Gpdd] [SILLY] piggy songs

Dr Kay Dudman kay.dudman at londonmet.ac.uk
Mon May 22 19:04:22 EDT 2006

Here are some more piggy songs; two are tributes to two of my own piggies,
which makes them special to me, but I hope everyone enjoys them, and that
they bring comfort to anyone who has lost a beloved piggy.

Kay

To the tune of "Chim-chim-in-ey" from "Mary Piggins", the musical

Chic-chic-cory
Chic-chic-cory
Chic-chic-cor-ry
When you with a pig you're in glad company

Pig-piggledy
Pig-piggledy
Pig from Peru
Good luck will rub off when I cuddle with you
...or blow me a kiss and that's lucky too!

To the tune of "Lady in Red", this is a tribute to my Felicity pig.
Felicity means "happiness", and she was my happiness pig.  She had a red
blaze on her head, and a lovely coffee colour everywhere else.  She went to
the Bridge in November last year, so it's a bit poignant for me.

Piggy in Red
Is cuddling with me
Cheek to cheek
There's nobody else
It's just you and me
It's where I want to be
And I really owe
This piggy by my side
I never will forget
Our happiness each night.

To the tune of "I've got you under my skin".  This is a tribute to my Adrian
(Felicity's brother) who was never happier than when cuddling up close under
my chin.  Sadly, Adrian went to the Bridge in February this year, and I miss
him.

I've got you under my chin
I've got you deep in the heart of me
So deep in my heart you're really a part of me
I've got you under my chin.

You cuddle up, under my chin
I said to myself: "this cuddle is going so well"
And we're at our happiest when, piggy, I know so well
I've got you under my chin.

I'd sacrifice anything come what might
For the sake of having you near
Because of your piggy voice that comes in the night
And repeats, repeats in my ear:
"Come on, little Mum, let's cuddle again;
Then eat some chicory, plenty of chicory"
And each time I do just the thought of you
Makes me smile as I begin
'Cos I've got you, under my chin,
Yes, I've got you under my chin.