[Gpdd] Behavior: CARROT WARS

Guineapigfilms at aol.com Guineapigfilms at aol.com
Thu May 25 13:49:04 EDT 2006

Birdie and Amber,

When I saw the headings for today's GPDD of "Guinea Pig Wars" and "Carrot
Wars," I immediately thought (before reading the posts) that people were wanting
to know how to get copies of my guinea pig spoof of STAR WARS, CARROT WARS!
:)  (Info is available at http://hometown.aol.com/guineapigfilms)

Amber, have you tried rubbing some sort of non-toxic frgarant lotion on the
piggies before you put them together? I have heard that sometimes that will
fool them into getting along.

We have had several dominant females, and they really can't be caged with ANY
other pigs, including other members of their family. Sometimes the girls are
worse than the boys! They will literally try to "peck" the other "chicks" to
death, and I can't allow that. The other piggies need protection more than the
dominant, bossy, territorial pig needs companionship. I DO try to keep their
cages close together, so they can see each other and communicate. It's not a
perfect remedy, but it's sometimes the only way. I won't let one pig harm
another, and that CAN happen. Their little teeth are very sharp, as I'm sure a lot
of us GPDDers know (when we've gotten in the way of a carrot!) LOL

Love and WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPS,

Alyssa and the guinea pig "movie stars"
http://hometown.aol.com/guineapigfilms