[Gpdd] [GPDD] Care - Dust & Sniffles

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 16:36:05 EST 2006

Ginger  -  Sorry to hear you're going through such a mess, but
  glad you're aware of the potential problems.  Too many people
  just don't think about such things. Back when we were in our
  apt, some workers had to come in to do some work, which I
  knew was going to be messy (first hint was when they told
  me I should cover things). So I moved the piggie's homes, as
  much as possible, covered them with sheets, etc, plus packed
  up the piggies and took them to work with me!  Of course, we
  only had the 4 then, and I had my own office, so I simply made
  a thick mat on the floor and set up a couple small pens, and
  declared it "Take your Piggie to Work Day". They were the
  hit of the office, and I didn't have to worry about them getting
  stressed by the noise or choked by dust.  Of course, I only
  had a couple of days of this, but maybe you could take them
  somewhere during the day, and bring them home at night?
  If you must leave them at home, taping the door will be good,
  but try to give them some additional cover. And maybe a radio
  or tv, something to drown out the noise - that really upsets
  them. Then just watch for any sneezing, watery eyes, runny
  noses, etc. Good luck with it - we'll keep our paws crossed
  for you!

  Rachel - Sorry to hear Samson has lost weight again. Is he
  eating ok?  I would definitely hand feed him some extra, what
  ever he'll eat. Be sure they have plenty of hay in front of them
  at all times. It could well be an allergy that doesn't affect the
  others. But it could also be some bacterial infection, or some
  thing else. I would call the vet again, for sure. It's better to
  catch things early, as we all know. Keep us posted on how
  he's doing, we'll keep him in our piggie prayers.

  We will also say prayers for all our piggie friends who are a
  bit under the weather, believing for a quick and complete
  recovery. And this week (as all others!) we will say a prayer
  of thanks for all our wonderful piggie friends around the world
  (and their slaves, too, of course!).

  Susi & the Okie Piggies
  Snowy says "Remember CindyRella and Lollie Pigg in
  your prayers, too, as they continue to recover from
  their touch of p-monia "