[Gpdd] MISC: In the you know you're a slave dept

Conklin Kacee Kacee.Conklin at HCAHealthcare.com
Tue Oct 3 15:23:35 EDT 2006

Yes, Birdie, you know you're a slave when you can talk for hours about
your guinea pigs or as I call them, the Munchees.  I'm sure most
non-slaves just see rodent-looking furry things when they see guinea
pigs but we know better!  And we know that they all have their own
distinct personalities.  I can remember my first four.  Although they
were kept in what I would now consider pretty cramped quarters, they got
along great.  They would come out of their "house" every night and hang
out in the living room, follow each other around, until it was time to
though he had a bad paw and was the runt of them all.  My current herd
of ten is quite different.  Everyone seems to want to be the "alpha
male" - even though most of them are sows!  Only 3 pairs currently share
"houses" although all of their cages are adjacent so they aren't really
alone.  And they are all right there in the living room with me so we
can "talk."  It's Jimmee that I love to watch when he comes out for a
little exercise.  Even though he's a "lone munchee," he loves to run
around!  Naturally, I encourage him with a little "run, Jimmee, run" and
"was that a munchee jump, Jimmee?"  And then there's Kiki, so cute yet
she looks like she has a bad hair day every day diddy bopping around the
living room, in out of her house.  Yes, they all have their own little
personalities and we do love to talk about each and every one of them.

Kacee, slave to the Munchee Ten