[Gpdd] [GPDD] Misc - When Pigs Fly

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 16:16:38 EDT 2006

Rachel-
  There is a fellow who shows his pigs, and takes them to cavy
  shows all over the country. As I understand it, he works for
  one of the airlines, so gets flying privileges. I would imagine
  he takes them as carry-on somehow. You certainly wouldn't
  want them in the cargo hold, as sensitive as they are.
  Moving to, or visiting foreign countries has been discussed
  before, with the consensus being that it just isn't worth it, as
  they end up in quarantine for 6 months, and so much can
  happen.  Although, some folks do buy pedigreed cavies from
  foreign countries, so they must have some satisfactory
  arrangement . . . someone might check this out, just out of
  curiousity.
  I just hope this story about the stowaway hammie doesn't
  incite some of our own littel adventurers . . . you know how
  they can be!
  (lock your doors at night!)
  Susi & the Okie Piggies
  (growing restless)