[Gpdd] Condolences for Mr Cooders

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Thu Oct 5 04:21:07 EDT 2006

Oh Alge

How terribly sorry I was to read that Mr Cooders had joined Ebeneezer and
Wilson at The Rainbow Bridge. I totally understand how broken your heart must
feel. As you may remember, Red Dandy began his fight for life exactly a year
ago, and he was syringe fed for over a month. I well understand the ups and
downs. They eat with such gusto some days that one is sure recovery is imminent,
 and they seem lively, interested, wanting to live. But then there are the
other  days when they sit hunched and need much persuasion to eat or drink. And
all the  time they are gradually losing weight ... .

You were braver than I. I promised myself that when he had lost more than a
certain amount of weight, beyond which someone here (I think Hermann) had said
 he could never recover, I would take Red Dandy to be helped to The  Bridge.
But when that point came, he was still trying to eat, and looking  eagerly for
the syringe and ... I chickened out, and spent all my birthday money  on my
birthday moving him to people in another country who I thought could save  him.
They did their best, but ... about a week later, he went to The Bridge
anyway. He was being held when he died, and I am certain he knew he was loved  ...
but oh how the news hurt.

I am sure Mr Cooders would thank you for what you did. I have only been  that
brave once in my almost 50 years, and that was with a rabbit. I was
absolutely distraught in the vet's surgery, and driving home. I can imagine how  you
must be feeling. And if you are unwell yourself as well, the pain and
emptiness are all the more acute.

I know there is absolutely nothing any of us can say that will ease that
terrible pain and emptiness. I am sure it is even worse when one has invested
much time and effort into nursing a sick piggie before the departure - it is a
sudden and unwanted hole in ones routine as well as ones life. But may it just
 bring some small grain of comfort to you to know that others understand and
care.

Huge hugs to you and the remaining two piggies - look after one another  well
at this difficult time.

Love Debbie and the 16 Dolly Mixtures