[Gpdd] [Care] am i doint this right?

Rachel H rmhenise at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 9 11:33:50 EDT 2006

I took my piggies to the vet for the first time on friday and the vet told me that i shouldnt really be feeding them veggies or alfalfa....now i am aware that they are prone to kidney stones but my two girls are only 24 weeks old and the person i adopted them from told me to feed them alfalfa till they are one year.

  Daily i feed them about one cup of veggies between the two.  It is mostly romaine lettuce, carrots and i switch between green peppers and tomatoes. i ocassionaly give them oranges and sometimes they eat apples when they feel like it....i am going to introduce them to cabbage also....they get unlimited timothy hay and pellets (timothy and alfalfa) the reason i feed them this is because the lady whom i adopted them from told me that is what she did....so im quite confused!

  do i listen to the rescue lady whose taken care of probably hundreds of piggies or a vet???   please tell me if any of you feed your guineas veggies daily and how much and what kind....oh yes and the vet said they look perfectly healthy....

  thanks!
  Rach