[Gpdd] RainbowBridge: Pumpkin and Patches

Sarah Hudson sarahhudson77 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 13 09:36:43 EDT 2006

I tried to post about Pumpkin earlier but my email was having problems. Sadly my Pumpkin pig crossed over around 8:30 am September 24th. She was Patches' cagemate. Unfortunately Patches joined her yesterday while I was at work. Both girls were over 6 years old. Patches was one of three from a surprise litter. Her mother Spicey came to me pregnant. Spicey lived with her daughters until I noticed that they were picking on Patches. So I brought home Pumpkin and they became like sisters. They lived together until Pumpkin passed. Neither one appeared to be ill, but just seemed to shut down. I truly hope that both deaths were age related. Pumpkin was buried in Maine before we left. Patches will be buried at my folks here in Indiana tomorrow. They were both sweet pigs. Pumpkin never really warmed up to me and hated to be held. Patches tolerated me a little better. Both girls were vocal and let me know when it was time to eat. I will truly miss them both.

  For the first time in seven years there are only 2 pigs in my house. At one point there were 11 (12 total have called me slave). This past year has been rough as 5 have crossed the bridge. I knew this would happen as they were all about the same age. I am so glad most of my pigs were with me for almost 6 years. Spicey has out lived all of her children and shares the house with our youngest Spooky. I am glad to still have them and am glad to have been able to take care of those that have gone.

  Thanks for reading,

  Sarah, Spicey and Spooky
  Remembering: Alvin, Boomer, Elliot, Howie, Rocky, Lil' Spice, Milo, Squeakers, Patches, and Pumpkin