[Gpdd] [GPDD] Misc - USCT?

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 25 13:16:38 EDT 2006

This is probably a rhetorical question - I imagine I already
  know the answer to this . . . but would there be any interest
  in pursuing something similar to the CCT or Cavies Castle
  here in the States?
  This has been discussed in the past somewhat, I had been
  corresponding a bit with Peter Gurney in the past, and he
  was very supportive. Penny has offered to put in a word
  with Vedra and others 'over there' to see what help we
  might get from them.
  Personally, I feel something like this is long overdue here,
  whatever can help our dear little guys. As well as some
  sort of move to improve the vet care our piggies can get.
  I know my local vet, who is not an exotics vet, always
  takes the time to research when treating my pigs, and
  there is no guarantee when you spend the bucks at an
  official exotics vet.
  There have also been some in the past who have mentioned
  taking a course or two, like Rodentology (why not Pigology?),
  to be able to help a bit. (who was it? did you do it?)
  Maybe if we can take another step now, we can do even
  more to improve life for piggies, if not everywhere, at least
  here at home.
  Hats off to our fellow slaves in the UK!
  Susi & the OP's,
  Cavy Lodge, U.S.

  ps ~ (always something else to add!)
  The Okie Piggies are excited about the Secret Santa
  list, we just have to figure out who will pair up with
  who on this end - too many this year for each to
  sign up individually - at least until they have jobs!