[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: New piglet!

rmalsberg at comcast.net rmalsberg at comcast.net
Wed Oct 25 23:05:35 EDT 2006

Hello Everyone and Everypig -

At about 4 this afternoon, Carmen safely delivered 2 pups.  One was stillborn, but the other was alive, and lively.  It started talking, and she cleaned it and cares for it.

I think it's a girl (I picked it up already) and it has black and brown patches with a little white.  I'm naming her Shakira, which means Thanks.  I'm thankful that Carmen is OK.

I hope they will be all right.  I'm still a little nervous til we get a few days past the birth.  Do I need to do anything for Carmen, or will she be OK "naturally" on her own?  Do I need to worry because I don't actually see the baby nursing?  Carmen is definitely not ignoring the little one.

Thanks for all your good wishes!

--
Wheeks,

Rayna, Carmen and Sharpless