[Gpdd] MISC. Piggie Song

Candy G. crawdad1953 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 30 04:52:20 EST 2006

Greetings, Digesters and Pigsters -

I am still collecting songs for the GPDD SongBook.
Please don't stop sending them in.

With all of the illnesses and losses we have experienced
in the Digest lately, I thought I'd post one of our very
favorite piggie songs.  It is to the tune of the Carter Family's
"Keep on the Sunny Side".  It reassures us that, even with
the heartbreak of losing our little ones, there is much joy
to be gained by welcoming them into our hearts and lives.

"Keep on the Piggie Side"

There's a dark and a troubled side of life
But there's a bright and a sunny side, too.
Though we meet with the darkness and strife,
The sunny side we also may view.

Keep on the piggie side, always on the piggie side,
Keep on the piggie side of life.
It brings love into each day, it will chase our blues away,
If we keep on the piggie side of life.

Though the storm and its furies rage today
Crushing hopes that we cherished so dear,
The cloud and storm will in time pass away
And the sun again will shine bright and clear.

Keep on the piggie side, always on the piggie side,
Keep on the piggie side of life.
It brings love into each day, it will chase our blues away,
If we keep on the piggie side of life.

Mr. Topper brings such laughter and delight,
As he wheeks along with songs I sing to him;
And Miss Mollie is so dainty and so quiet,
Until she starts to chirp at 4 a.m.!!

Keep on the piggie side, always on the piggie side,
Keep on the piggie side of life.
It brings love into each day, it will chase our blues away,
If we keep on the piggie side of life.

Much love and gentle healing to all who are sad or ill.

Candy, Topper, and Cat X
(with Mollie always in our hearts)