[Gpdd] [GPDD] Misc - Travel Tips

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 9 09:40:43 EDT 2006

The question of how to travel with our piggies comes
  up occasionally, and I just happened across a story
  on CNN.com this morning. While the story is primarily
  talking about dogs (and a good many of us do have
  a dog or two!), it refers to a great website that helps
  with information about other animals as well.
  And though I didn't have time to read all through the
  website (Pet Friendly),  I did take a minute to use
  their Contact Us link and write to ask they add
  information about travelling with guinea pigs. I
  mentioned their special needs, especially their low
  tolerance to heat, and how they don't create the
  problems usually experienced with dogs. And I
  also told them of our group, sharing ideas, and
  some occasionally asking about travel tips. But
  maybe if more of us contact them,  they will
  realize this is worth their while to add GP
  information.
  The link to the CNN story-
  http://www.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/ADVISOR/09/08/dog.dining.ap/index.html
  The link to the Pet Friendly website-
  http://PetFriendlyTravel.com
  Wheeks!
  Susi & the Okie Piggies
  ...we always have our bags packed!

  Snowy says "I just travel to the Parsley Patch!
  Why go any farther?"