[Gpdd] MISC: Rescue requesting help

Candy G. crawdad1953 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 19 01:12:58 EDT 2006

Greetings, Digesters (and piggies) -

I lurk in a list that is sent out by a Pacific NorthWest Cavies group.
The message below showed up today and I emailed Sue, the
woman who posted it, to see if she minded me listing it in the
digest.  I believe we have some California piggie families, don't we?
Anyway, here are some folks that are doing their best for our
little guys and could use some help in passing the word.
[[Side note:  When Sue wrote me back, she asked what the
GPDD is and how could she read it.  I told her that this is the
greatest group of folks and piggies in the universe!!  Looks like
we may get new family member!  :) ]  Anyway, here is the info
below.  The contact information if y'all know anyone who might
be able to help is the info listed for "Angela" at the end of the
second note.

Kisses to all furbabies and hugs to their humans.  Keeping all ill
and absent dear ones in my heart and thoughts.

Candy; Topper; and Cat X (with Mollie always in our hearts)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HI All,
I received an email yesterday (see below) from Angela at
the Yolo County SPCA near Sacramento, Ca. They are
overloaded with guinea pigs and are urgently seeking
adopters and rescuers. IF you can help, or know someone
who can help, please pass the word along. Please contact
Angela (contact info below). If we can save a couple piggie's
lives, it would be great. I currently have 17 fosters in addtion
to my own 6 so I'm a little full.....
Thanks
Sue DuHamel
Cavy House
La Honda Pig Pen Guinea Pig Rescue
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yolo County SPCA <ycasrescue at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello Sue,
Hope you are doing well. The Yolo County Animal Services
Shelter in Woodland is currently overloaded with guinea pigs
and we'd love to get Nippers and Oreo out if possible. Do
you have space? If not, can you help me network to find
rescue for them?

I appreciate your help!

Angela
Yolo County SPCA