[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] An ode to 2 brothers

Lori H. mopar28m at msn.com
Tue Sep 19 00:14:31 EDT 2006

I wish I could have posted this sooner but we've had computer & internet problems galore.

Coon - My sweet boy that never calmed down. His 2 sisters & a brother went to their new homes but nobody wanted the one with the racoon eyes. The one that was hyper & never really wanted to be held. He had a new roommate, an older boar. I didn't think they would get along but the got along great. If one or other was taken out of the pen the one left behind would start squealing up a storm. We had no electricity his last couple of days he lived. I pray that this wasn't a factor in his death since our home was a little on the warm side. Each lots of clover my sweet friend, take care of the herd on the other side.

Snoopy - This guy was called Mr. NoName for the first few months of his life. I didn't intend to keep him, I wanted to find a home for him. When he was born, he was very small, just over an ounce. His only sibling who looked like the mother was stillborn. He refused to eat. He only weighed just under an ounce when he finally started to eat again. He quickly gained & was very fast. Whenever he had floor time, he would snoop all over-quietly chirping as he explored. That is how he finally got his name - Snoopy. (he also got into trouble quite a bit since he would get into things he shouldn't) He also had a nickname "Speedy Gonzales". Whenever he was put on a bare floor, he would burn rubber & run quickly. He was very hard to catch at times. He put up a very galant fight to the end. His roommate would come over & nudge him. He would roll over from his side to his belly & crawl a little & let out a little chirp. Then roll back again. He fought for 2 hours to live. There are no local vets who take care of exotics so going to the vet at 1 in the morning was out of the question.

I miss both of my boys deeply. I can't believe how much it hurts with them gone. They would get all of the rest of the herd singing & carrying on if I was late with their treats at the beginning of Sabbath. Somehow they knew it was sunset.

Take care my sweet boys. Please take care of everyone at the rainbow.

Coon Pic -

[URL=http://community.webshots.com/photo/1233606981051296666zeMDbs][IMG]http://thumb6.webshots.net/t/14/15/0/69/81/233606981zeMDbs_th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Snoopy pics -

[URL=http://community.webshots.com/photo/1150869293051296666kDmYgL][IMG]http://thumb6.webshots.net/s/thumb3/6/92/93/150869293kDmYgL_th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://community.webshots.com/photo/1150869381051296666HNuXZk][IMG]http://thumb6.webshots.net/s/thumb4/6/93/81/150869381HNuXZk_th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://community.webshots.com/photo/1150869501051296666PEcRXV][IMG]http://thumb6.webshots.net/s/thumb4/6/95/1/150869501PEcRXV_th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://community.webshots.com/photo/1233607026051296666NoGqoJ][IMG]http://thumb6.webshots.net/t/34/35/0/70/26/233607026NoGqoJ_th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Lori & piggies Squeakers, Miss Fidget & Bear