[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT - Midnight is in the Pet Star Finals

Ricthecollector at aol.com Ricthecollector at aol.com
Thu Sep 21 19:59:16 EDT 2006

>From _ricthecollector at aol.com_ (mailto:ricthecollector at aol.com)
Subject [Gpdd]
ANNOUNCEMENT - Midnight is in the Pet Star Finals

Hi, everyone -- Just a note to let everyone know that our Midnight, who is
three, will be going up against eight dogs and a cat Saturday in the finals of
the Pet Star Contest sponsored by the Bucks County (PA) Courier - Times and
Newspapers In Education.  He's campaigned very hard, making it from 78
contestants down to 50 in the first cut and then down to the 10 finalists.   It's
all $$ though, 25-cents a vote. So, if anybody is from the Bucks  County, PA
area and is interested, the finals will be Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1  p.m. at
Snipes Farm, Bridge Street, Morrisville, PA.  Come and bring your  quarters.
More on Midnight -- He's one of 7 piggies -- 6 boys and a girl - with whom
we share a home.  He's a literacy pig -- going into my wife's kindergarten
classroom to help the kids with reading, the pledge, etc.  So appropriate  that
he's raising funds to promote literacy through newspapers.  NIE  distributes
newspapers to schools free of charge for teachers to use with their  kids in the
classroom.
Take care and think of midnight Saturday.  We have our fingers, toes  and
eyes crossed hoping for good luck and good weather.
Bye for now, says Midnight & Ric his dad.