[Gpdd] [CARE] Long-haired lady

Denise Schichner djsma96 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 23 15:09:01 EDT 2006

Hi all!

I finally acquired my long-haired lady, Tribbles, this past summer. I have been using a shampoo given to me by the lady who operates the rescue from which I adopted her. Well, that shampoo is getting low. I don't bathe her a lot since I don't want to mess up the natural oils in her skin. I keep the cage clean so she doesn't mess her coat and brush her regularly. Being the "bad" piggie mommy that I am, since I am not into breeds but appearances and pigsonalities, I can not recall what breed she is. Her coat is long and smooth with a separation/part right down the middle of her back. She is a patient girl who loves her brush time. I've tried brushing her short-haired companion, Noel, who seems jealous of the time I spend brushing Tribbles but does not desire the treatment herself.

Anyway, what shampoo would be recommended? The sample I received was in a foil packet and I poured it into a small, clean squeeze bottle for easy usage and to prevent spillage. Dingy me forgot to look at the name before disposing of the foil packaging.

My prayers go out to those who have recently suffered losses or who are dealing with illnesses.

Denise