[Gpdd] MISC-Hay toy for Teddy and Mary

Folly Farm lfolly at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 5 15:19:55 EDT 2007

Hi Mary,

I read your post about Teddy not liking the toilet roll hay holder.  I found something all 10 of my pigs like (not all of them use the hopper) and have fun with.  At Petco in the rabbit/ferret AND cat section they have these large, hard plastic balls with a smaller jingly ball inside and little kind of star and triangle shaped hole cut outs.  They're usually packaged in a mesh net hanging from a peg and about the size of a large grapefruit or a small cantalope and come in red, yellow, green & purple.  I have a few of these and I stuff them with timothy hay so that it pokes out of the holes in all directions.  My pigs go crazy for this!  When they hear me pick up a ball to refill it they all start wheeking at the top of their lungs, even though they have hay in their hoppers.  I have 4 different pens for 10 pigs and each group gets their own 'hay ball'.   The balls are big enough for them to all sit around it and share without any spats.

Lisa & the San Diego Herd