[Gpdd] Silly: Dunya has taught herself a trick

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 07:12:15 EDT 2007

Hi piggie lovers,

Dunya has taught herself and us slaves the cutest thing!

Dunya does not like to be picked up. she's been with us for almost 5 months
now, and most things are going great, begging for food, contacts with guiny
and lot, but she still hates to be picked up. She will wheek as if we are
trying to kill her, and when we finally get her, she will tighten all her
muscles and it looks really weird the way she stretches her legs and
everything. Maybe in the category of going limp when being picked up for the
pig olympigs, we could add going stiff, or more in generally weird pranks
when being picked up.

However we try to pick her up at least 2 times a day, one time to put her in
the playpen and once to put her back in the cage.
As i said she hates that so she does the following trick: when we pick up
Lotje and Guiny and put then in the pen or cage, Dunya will sit in the
'Knuffelrol', which is a tunnel made of fabric lined with fleece. Then she
will wheek as if to say: okay slaves i'm ready...
Then we can easily pick her up with the roll. put her in the pen/cage and
she will get out of it.
This we she doesn't have to be chased to be picked up, and that makes it a
lot easier for us slaves, and less stressful for her.

Yesterday I picked up Lotje and Guiny, Me and daddy slave were cuddling with
them on the couch. Dunya noticed the rest was gone so she got in the cuddle
roll and wheeked...
But we didn't come to get her, so she started wheeking loudly and then
because we didn't come she went out again. So I got up and walked towards
the playpen and said to her, okay get back in the roll I will pick you up.
She ran into the roll and wheeked to be picked up. Then i did so and put her
in the cage, it was real cute to see.

Lotje also has a way to remind me she did not have her shilintong yet. She
will stand in the corner of the pen nearest to the kitchen and she will just
continue to look at me... as if she's trying to say, hey slave aren't you
forgetting something? then when I will give her the shilintong she will just
go on with her business in the pen as usual.

Does any of you pigs have a routine like that?

Guiny also used to have a routine, we called it the princess treatment. At
Janneke's she was allowed to run through the whole room, and getting her
back in the cage was a problem. They could walk in their themselves, but
Guiny usually would not want to do that. The others we would simply lure
with a piece of veggie, but that was too simple and below lady Guinyvere's
standards... So she wanted to be transported in her carriage... Her carriage
was just the blue plastic house/pigloo. We would put it in front of her and
kindly asked her to get inside. After some instigation she would get in and
we could carry her to the cage in her blue carriage...

I think these piggies are way smarter then us people (not just piggie
people) give them credit for!

Wheekz and happy easter to all,
Mikey and the Winky girls: Lotje, Guiny and Dunya

pandameisje at gmail.com
pandameisje at hotmail.com

Blog: http://pandameisje.hyves.nl
Cavia's: http://winkysgirls.hyves.nl
Hofdansclub: http://hofdansdollegrieze.hyves.nl/#
Mijn eigen (historische) kostuumwebsite:
http://historischkostuum.punt.nl(look under cavia knuffels/speelgoed
to see the knuffelrol)
http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/nl/NL/register/index.jsp?m=l&a=Pandameisje