[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Lucky

merle.jaffe at thomson.com merle.jaffe at thomson.com
Mon Apr 16 13:38:22 EDT 2007

It is with heavy heart that I announce that Lucky pig had to be helped
over the Bridge this weekend. As some of you know, he had been diagnosed
with his third bladder stone in early February just eight weeks after
the surgery to remove stone #2. I had made the decision not to do a
third surgery, and though he was clearly in pain he had a pretty good
quality of life up until last Friday. So we had almost 2 good additional
months with him. Right now the sorrow is so intense; the house so quiet
that I don't know what it will feel like to be healed. Here's what the
made the Luckmeister a special kind of guy:
Curious -- always had to be in the center of things --- the more people
in "his room" , the better
Mischievous -- he knew how to do something bad to get my attention and
make me chase him
Smart-- he know the words for pellets, hay, water, brush and of course,
treat
Sense of humor -- he would do something intentionally goofy, wait for me
to laugh and then look at me with that look --"what are you laughing
about?"
Affection -- he was so happy when I came back from business trips; he
purred and let me pet him for an extra long time.
Athletic -- he could gallop with great speed and launch himself onto my
lap whenever a special treat was involved
And so much more.....
I sent him to the Bridge telling him to keep a look out for Peter
Gurney, and all his friends from the GPDD.

Lucky was pet of the day just about a year ago (April 19,2006); I'm so
glad that I did that.
For those of you who use Shillington, e-mail me privately. I have a
brand new bottle coming in the mail and I'd be happy to slap another
label on it and mail it out to you -- first come, first serve.

Lucky,  you will be so missed.