[Gpdd] health - double dosage

Raeanne Sisson sirenn at insightbb.com
Thu Apr 19 23:32:33 EDT 2007

I'm super worried. My guinea pig, Rusty Roo, has been on baytril (.70cc) twice daily forever now... maybe a month and a half. (She has blood in her bedding, they thought originally it might be UTI, but we're taking her to a new doctor saturday to look further into it)

My husband didn't tell me he gave her her medicine tonight... and he never gives it to her... I ALWAYS do, it's my morning and nightly routine. Now she has had two doses... what do we do>!?!?!?! I called an emergency vet and they said she should be okay and to NOT give her her morning dose until about 10 or 11am.

HAs anyone else ever done this?!

Thanks for any input.... I would hate for this to harm her even further and I just don't know what to do... I can't exactly make her throw up.

-Raeanne and Rusty Roo