[Gpdd] [Silly] the pigsitter diaries

francesmckenna at cox.net francesmckenna at cox.net
Mon Aug 13 22:49:00 EDT 2007

  Scratch usually behaves very well whenever Michael and I have to go on a trip.  We give him treats and hurry out the door before he notices we have left and leave the radio on to keep him entertained.  He's a rockin' GP and has started wheeking to some of the songs that are played very often. I do not know if he is complaining that he has heard it too many times (like me) or if they are his favorites, but he will run laps and wheek without seeming distressed, so I keep it turned to rock, but not too loud to hurt his ears.
  Anyway, my friend's ex-boyfriend used to come over to care for Scratch and would stay for hours and keep him company and give him treats and attention.  He would go the extra mile of scooping the soiled bedding even if we were only gone a day.  But, like some relationships, theirs ended and I was worried how upset he would be that his usual sitter was gone.
   I shouldn't have worried, though.  My friend took over for her ex in spoiling the little guy.  She forgot whether to feed him once a day or twice a day, so fed him twice just to be sure.  He is too much of a piggie to turn down food so didn't throw any types of tantrums.  When I got home, he hadn't dumped his pellets or peed in his empty food bowl like he had done when we made the mistake of leaving him in the care of Michael's brother.  I'm sure that between her and her 3 year old girl, he had plenty of people to talk to and forget about Michael and I.  When she came over to give me back my house key, he perked up and started wheeking at her for more food.  I would be jealous if it weren't that he would wheek and wiggle and dance for anyone that had given him food before, lol.
---Frankie & Scratch (the well-fed piggie)