[Gpdd] Ovarian cysts - another option

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 25 13:37:18 EDT 2007

Thank you very much Kay for sharing your experience with Patchouli.  This is why I refused to accept the idea that she's "too old" for surgery.  In the right hands, surgery can go well.  I do have a question though on Patchouli's recovery.  Did it go well with no infection or the need for any drainage later?  Did the stitches heal nicely and what kind of stitches did Simon use on her?

  The problems leading up to Patchouli's surgery is just what I would like to avoid which is why I'm even considering spaying in the first place.  At the moment she only has cysts on one ovary.  What happens if it occurs on the other ovary as well?  Suppose next time they are tumors and not cysts or even become cancerous?  These are the questions I'm dealing with in my decision.  I understand it's a "crap shoot" as none of us can see the future but I've never been one for hiding my head and ignoring potential problems.  I've always agreed with the way Alexander dealt with the Gordion Knot!

  Anyway, I'm really conflicted on what to do and can't even make a decision until I talk to the new doctor on Monday.  By Monday afternoon I'll know what I'm going to do and just hope, as always, it's the right decision for her.  We try very hard to communicate with each other but we still have that darn language barrier. : )

  Joan, slave to The Lady Bug who can't understand what all the fuss is about as she feels fine.