[Gpdd] Care: corn on the cob

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Mon Aug 27 20:22:00 EDT 2007

Hi --
     My piggies don't get it often, but several times a year they get to
share an ear. I strip off the very outer leaves and the brown part of the tassle
then thoroughly rinse what's left, cut thru the husks and then the ear easily
breaks there. So both the Jolly Rodents get a bit of everything-- husk, corn
silk and the corn itself, which they LOVE.
     I'm convinced that the kernels of corn do no harm if offered in
moderation.

     Ebeneezer WoollyBear left for the Bridge on a Monday (in 2004). I knew
that I was going to take him to the vet's the next A.M. and have him euthanized
in order to prevent further misery for the little guy. I had a couple fresh
ears of corn in the fridge at the time and I STILL regret not giving him a
partial or even entire ear that Sunday. It would have been such a little thing but
I think it would have helped him be distracted from his pain in what were to
be his last hours.

alge & the Jolly Rodents