[Gpdd] Health: Hay

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Mon Aug 27 20:43:34 EDT 2007

I buy 40 to 50 lb. bales of hay either directly from a farm selling it or
from the feed store. It will fit in a large (or extra large) plastic storage bin
which I keep somewhat hidden behind a door in my kitchen.   If you pick it up
you'll want a sheet to put down under it in car or car trunk. (I have reclined
my passenger front seat all the way back -- sheet down and hay on top. (I
probably should make it look like a real passenger -- ball cap on top and a corn
cob pipe in the general area where its mouth would be. Toss a flannel shirt
over all   :)

     I agree, shipping prices are steep, but its pricey to buy small amounts
of packaged hay, too. I was paying $3.00 for 10 or 20 ounces of packaged hay.
But a bale of hay is a great thing. Or so say the Jolly Rodents.

Good luck,
alge and the Jolly Rodents who love their hay!!