[Gpdd] Announcement: Not sending pictures of us & new Secret Piggy Card today

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Tue Dec 11 04:19:38 EST 2007

Hi All, Chester and Charlie, Jolly Rodents, Here,

     However, we aren't any too jolly right now. Unless something turns up
really quickly, we will be unable to include pigtures of us in our cards and
gifts -- and we just love exchanging photos. Alge has had a lot of recent "staff
changes" as per home health care people, primarily because the cost of
gasoline has gone so high that   two of her three long term people (who both lives
quite some distance away) have been forced people to take jobs nearer home. And
then there are the steep icy hills getting in and out of here -- with the
picturesque drop offs on one or the other sides of the gravel road back here into
this hidden "paradise."

     But at least the most recent rainfall wasn't terribly cold and icy and
actually washed most of the 2 major hills clean. Hooray!

     But, people trying to be "helpful" put things (our pigtures) "away" with
no idea of where they really go. Their intentions are good but the result---
well, if you could hear the things Alge is muttering. And, our photos are
stashed away in some unknown place, and we had them out not too long ago so we
know they're HERE. If our momma would figure out how to use her digital camera
and transfer them to the computer we'd be ok. Well, almost. The printer is only
printing in black and blue and the other printer won't work with this
particular Mac. Humph.

     There is a roll of nearly-fully exposed film in her 35mm camera and we
are pretty sure that our charming little selves are the subjects of most of
those pictures. So maybe there's hope.

     Anyway, forgive us if you don't get pigturess with our cards and gifts.

     Now something good happened today. We received a card from, we think,
the UK. From a secret "herd" of piggies. Oh, how can we guess which piggies you
are? (No one is flirting with me this time, Yaya! --Charlie) But we thank you
so much for the card. (That's one of the nice things about our lane being
thawed. We can get our mail!) The piggies are from a place far away. We could make
a couple of guesses but won't try in case we're wrong. But you know who you
are. Thanks! Getting our own mail makes us feel really good.

Thanks for listening to us lament,

Chester (and Charlie), Joly Rodents