[Gpdd] MISC - Back Room Piggys

Donna Lenz gypsy1sato at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 13 13:13:34 EST 2007

Our local Petco in Danbury does not have an adoption center.  But they will take people's unwanted pets, and they keep them in the "Hidden Back Room".  They don't advertise adoptions, but you can ask what they have for adoption.

  A friend told me about it, and when I decided to adopt a Rat, I asked. I was told by a manager that they had a guinea pig - but it was like it was less than trash.  I asked to see it,and she brought out Annie.  Her nails looked like Howard Hughes, but her coat was good.  All I had to do was fill out my name and address and donation was optional.

  I later learned they keep them in tanks with very little people access.  The babies were all lucky.  Two young pig lovers work there now, and gave them names and tons of love.

  I visited Stanley the other night, and he is spoiled already.  Everyone adores him, and he gets lots of hugs and kisses every day.  He's a heart melter for sure.

  Squeaky and Buttercup are slowly learning to trust.  They love salad and have apple wars.

  Annie & Penny are teaching them how to bite the bars and scream their hearts out beginning at 3:00 PM until their gourmet salads are delivered.

  So far the babies haven't learned it.  Hopefully they will be going to their new home in a few days.

  Donna & the Gang