[Gpdd] HEALTH-Update on Queensie & Tootsie

Joanne Gosnell windchimes at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 21 08:17:23 EST 2007

Thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes for my guinea pigs,
Queensie & Tootsie. As a reminder, Queensie  has a lump on her chin that was
diagnosed as not being a cyst nor an abscess, but probably a bad tooth
root/bone growth because she has a malocclusion and her back teeth on one
side are overgrown.  Tootsie has had various digestive problems where she
has stopped eating and we have syringe fed her, etc. to 'kick start' her
system.  Both are 7 years old.  Queensie is on antibiotics as a "palliative
measure" as the vet says.  Both continue to eat and drink quite well.  We
supplement Queensie with Critical Care a little bit (as much as she will
freely take without getting stressed) pretty much every day. (I have a
couple of close up shots of the growth and the girls should anyone be
interested).

 I had thought that we might have to put Queensie down before Christmas, but
she is doing quite well enough that I don't feel that it's time just yet.
Believing the best, and expecting the inevitable (I know they won't live
forever any more than I will on this side of life).  Thanks for your
continued prayers and support.  I am so thankful for this period of grace of
extra time!

Joanne