[Gpdd] misc; Merry Christmas

Ginger Fitzsimmons matildalucet at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 27 14:29:17 EST 2007

Point of historical curiosity: The Puritans who settled my area
(Massachusetts) looked with extreme disfavor on Christmas celebrations
as excessively non-Christian. It appears that Christmas was quite
controversial and legally banned in Boston at one point. It's not that
way now, with a city Christmas tree and all. But my non-celebration has
deep historical roots here even if almost everyone around me has
forgotten them.

That said, I've decided that most people who wish me a Merry Christmas
really do mean well and I say thank you or I wish them the same. Life
is too short to not cut most people some slack.

ginger
slave to Mr. Mike T. Pig