[Gpdd] CARE Feeding beetroot leaves.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat Feb 10 12:48:14 EST 2007

Someone asked the other day whether anyone fed their piggies Beetroot leaves. I didn't have time to reply then and have only just remembered it and now I can't find the original post.

Anyway..........The Piggyfriends are all offered beetroot in the summer, when it is growing in the garden and they are given an occasional leaf. The leaf is high in oxalic acid so needs to be fed in moderation but some of my herd enjoy it and it makes a change. Don't be alarmed if it turns the urine and "poo" red!

Penny and the Piggyfriends.