[Gpdd] Misc: Thanks from Potter, & cats & pigs

DEB GANLEY debg43 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 17 01:01:32 EST 2007

Thanks to all who wished Potter well on her adoption day--Potter shared her huge salad with Molly & Emma & had a wonderful day!

As far as cats & Pigs go together, I think it depends on the cat.  We had 3 cats & a hamster for over 2 years--Coconut was the consumate escape artist, we'd find her all the time in my husband's shoe or just on the floor, with the 3 cats around her, just looking at her--they never tried to hurt her, they were just curious about her.  When we adopted the pigs, I was paranoid & put a top on their C&C house--closet shelving from Home Depot secured with cable ties. It turned out to be totally unnecessary--after awhile of observing them while my girls were running around, free-range, I knew the cats weren't a threat to them.  Any GP book will tell you that cats & pigs are "mortal enemies"-apparently my girls never read that book!  We still have the 3 girls, 2 of the cats have passed onto the Bridge--we stlll have Tyrone, our remaining 15 year old cat--he got in the way of Potter, way back when we first adopted her--Potter was a riot--Tyrone got in her way when she was out for a walk around our house--she stared him down,he still didn't move--so she hip-checked him!   This little 2 lb GP actually shoved a 15 lb cat out of her way!  He respects her to this day-we adopted Molly since then, she had babies & Tyrone still knows not to mess with any of them!  I don't think this is the typical cat-pig situation, we have a very unusual house since my girls are free-range-but it's  a cool story nonetheless!  Deb, Potter, Molly & Emma