[Gpdd] MISC: Thanx 4 Welcomes; Hate Ignorami

Willowstorm25 at aol.com Willowstorm25 at aol.com
Mon Feb 26 12:50:40 EST 2007

Hi Fellow Rodent-Fanatics,

Well, I wanted to thank all of you for the warm  welcomes back to the digest.
 I have been on since 2002.   It's  good to be able to share experiences &
info w/all of you again.

Pat: I am wishing the best for Daphne.

Katy: So sorry to hear about Charlotte Ann.

Mary Mentz:  Good for you for giving that pet shop owner a piece of  your
mind.  I cannot stand when people are that ignorant but think they  know
everying, especially where voiceless creatures are concerned.....

But you know what the sad part is, even after that whole spectacle, that  guy
probably still believes with all his might that gp's and rabbits are
co-habitable.  And doesn't give a frack either way, just as  long as he's making $30
or whatever per animal.   I find that when it  comes to guinea pigs and other
small furries, people who think like that are  less the exception than the
rule.  Unfortunately.  Advocating  only goes so far, I find.....

I used to get into heated debates with my in-laws all the time  about my
guinea pigs (they think gp's are useless and should all be  exterminated), but now
I don't even bother anymore, b/c whatever I say  falls on deaf ears.
Ignorant people can stay fracking ignorant for all I  care, as long as they don't
make it my (or my guinea pigs') problem.  But  at the same time, these same folks
think Graycie, my mom-in-law's  miserable Gollum cat who sits in a corner
hissing all day, scratches  you when you walk by and bites your hands when you
are trying to feed it is  totally worth having as a pet.  Just don't get it.

I wish there was more we could do to educate people about gp's, but as the
old saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water......."

But, I admire your convictions and your tenacity. Keep it up, cuz maybe  some
day people will listen.

Nicholle & Bwee-Squared
http://www.aol.com.