[Gpdd] Misc - death

Crockett Man crockett1256 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 12 07:30:46 EST 2007

Its with great sadness that i have to say that my
little boy Tubbs passed away yesterday at 5.30pm.

i woke up and found him all fluffed up in his cage
with an upset tummy, i also noticed that Crockett had
a bit of diarrhoea as well. I rushed both Crockett &
Tubbs to the vets, and he gave them an injection (anti
biotic) - i brought them home and Crockett seemed to
be fine and was eating, but Tubbs just lay there. I
brought Tubbs in with me and kept him warm and tried
to give him water.

As the afternoon passed Tubbs got worse and worse,
when i called him he tried to lift his little head but
couldnt, is breathing became shallow, and his whole
body was jerking.  I saw him take his last breath and
he died at 5.30pm. I held him in my arms and i just
broke down, he was so heavy and looked like he was
just sleeping, my boyfriend had to take him off me as
i wouldnt let him go.

i loved my little Tubbs with all my heart, and i had
to take a sickie from work today as i havent been able
to stop crying.

Why did it happen so sudden, he wasnt even 1 year old?
and why didnt the vet notice he was dying?

Whats making it worse is that Crockett  keeps calling
for him, he isnt eating and looks so depressed. What
can i do to make it easier on him - Tubbs was his best
pal, and they loved each other.

My heart is breaking as i type this - will this ever
get better??.

RIP Tubbs - i will always love you

Jem, Crockett, George & Fletcher